Thursday, February 17, 2022

Atari Joystick Interface for original Macintosh.

 

Here is where it get's interesting.     When I first arrive at Foothill College and connected with my first group of Silicon Valley computer nerds, we ended up talking about the lack of proper Joysticks for Game play on the Apple Mac's. 

I ran down to RadioShack , Bought some parts, started building and my next visit back to the lab a few days later I had a worked device.  

"Do we have a Mac I can test with? I don't have one and I have no way to see if it's working or not"

That weekend I received a Call from Dr. Prionas at Stanford Radiation Oncology, He had spoken with someone teaching at Foothill and wanted to know if I could come by for an Interview.  I spend the next 5.5 years there till posting the Intel 386 port of BSD unix derailed things 

http://www.dnull.com/stanford/



 Parallel Inputs to Serial Data Stream: No CPU





No comments: